Thursday, October 3, 2024

Week Five Picks For You To Ignore

 I'm not going to get wordy today, or wax philosophical, or even opine about football much, as I just got my COVID jab yesterday, and my arm hurts.

Suffice it to say, I went 8-8 last week, which is mediocre, but it was enough to keep me over .500 on the year, and still leading all those guys at the CBS Sports website. I regard them as my competition, since I'm not actually gambling on this stuff, need to find some fun in it somehow, and CBS has eight guys also picking all the games and has no paywall.

I know these guys are mere sportswriters, and not professional gamblers, but I'm pretty sure they watch more games and game film than I do, and spend more time thinking and keeping up with injury reports and so forth.

So how the hell did one of them go 3-13 last week?

My worst week ever at this, I went 4-9. That was last year, a year in which I went 64-53-2 over eight weeks. 

No further ado:

Thursday

Falcons -1.5 vs. Buccaneers

Sunday

Vikings -2.5 vs. Jets

Bears -4 vs. Panthers

Ravens -2.5 vs. Bengals

Bills -1 vs. Texans

Jaguars -3 vs. Colts

Dolphins +1 vs. Patriots

Commanders -3 vs. Browns

49ers -7.5 vs. Cardinals

Packers -3.5 vs. Rams

Broncos -3 vs. Raiders

Giants +6 vs. Seahawks

Cowboys +2.5 vs. Steelers

Monday

Saints +5 vs. Chiefs

Last week: 8-8

Season to date: 32-30-2


No comments:

Post a Comment